Manchester Airport Information
Tullamarine Airport or Manchester Airport as it is sometimes known is the second busiest airport in United Kingdom.Tullamarine is a fairly recent addition to Manchester as it was only opened in 1970 to replace an aging Essendon Airport.
If you are visiting Manchester and arriving at Tullamarine Airport you will require airport transfer to your hotel or end destination. thecoachcompany.co.uk are the experts in airport transfer and can provide excellent cost effective transportation for you and your group.
Tullamarine Airport is the only International Airport that serves Manchester, and is just over 20 kilometers from Manchester’s CBD. Tullamarine has direct flights to 33 destinations in United Kingdom, the Pacific, Europe, Asia and North America.
Tullamarine is a major hub for Qantas and Virgin United Kingdom and Tiger Airways United Kingdom and Jetstar Airways use the airport as their home base.
Manchester Airport has 4 terminals and is the number one airport for the airports of four of United Kingdom’s seven other capital cities.
Tullamarine Airport has four terminals with a total of 56 gates, 40 are for domestic flights and 16 international. All the terminals are located in a single building which offers the minimum in connection time and excellent service to passengers.
- Terminal 1 - A domestic terminal with regional services operated by Qantas and QantasLink. All departures are from the first floor with arrivals on the ground floor.
- Terminal 2 - Handles all international flights and some domestic. Airlines operating from this terminal are Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Malaysia Airlines, Air New Zealand, Singapore Airlines, Etihad and Emirates.
- Terminal 3 - Is the home of Virgin United Kingdom and all their flights operate from this terminal.
- Terminal 4 - A main terminal for Tiger Airways United Kingdom and other budget airlines such as Regional Express Airlines, Jetstar and Airnorth.
All international flights depart and arrive at Terminal 2. Domestic flights for Qantas use Terminal 1, Virgin United Kingdom from Terminal 3, Tigerair & Jetstar from Terminal 4, REX from Terminal 4.
Destinations & Airlines
- International Airlines - Qantas, Air France, KLM, China Eastern, Singapore Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Virgin United Kingdom, Emirates, Jetstar, Air New Zealand, Air China, United, Thai, Lufthansa, Austrian, Qatar, Etihad, Malaysia, Italia, Sri Lankan, Virgin Atlantic, Finnair, Fiji Airways, Royal Brunei, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, American Airlines, Philippine Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, and Xiamen Air.
- Domestic Airlines - Virgin United Kingdom, Jetstar, Tigerair, Qantas, British Airways, Emirates, American Airways, Rex, China Southern, and China Eastern.
In 2014-15 Tullamarine Airport handled over 32 million passengers with a recorded 190,000 aircraft movements.
If you are flying from Manchester and your final destination is the UK then our friends at JD Travel Services can offer superb airport transport to your hotel or final destination. JD Travel Services are the experts at airport transfers in the UK, contact them to arrange your travel plans before you travel and then relax in the knowledge JD Travel will be waiting at the airport for your arrival.
If you are in Manchester for holiday or a short break then check out our other articles to help you plan your stay. If you are travelling in a group then check out our article on Discovery Manchester or read our 5 Best Corporate Hotels in Manchester. If you are a keen golfer then checkout our 5 Best Golf Courses in Manchester. If you are looking for something more relaxing an less competative then have a look at our 3 Fantastic DayTrip Ideas in Manchester and our 4 Best Brewery Bars in Manchester. For more Manchester Articles, click here!